Principles are the operating values that guide us in MAINTAINING PRIORITIES and achieving our purpose.
1. We are FAITH BASED. We are not afraid to dream and to dare to do the impossible because we know and believe that all things are possible with God. Our faith is grounded, not in what we can do but in what God can accomplish in people that are willing to walk and live by faith.
“For with God nothing shall be impossible” (Luke 1:37 NKJV).
2. We are CHRIST HONORING. We believe that everything we do must honor Jesus Christ. We believe based on the teachings of Scripture, when Christ is exalted He will draw people to Himself. Every ministry, organization, team, event, and activity in this church exists to honor and magnify Jesus Christ.
“And I, if I am lifted up from the earth, will draw all peoples to Myself” (John 12:32 NKJV).
3. We are BIBLE DRIVEN. The Bible is our guide. It is the owner’s manual for the church. Everything we do must be biblical in nature and approach. If it is not biblical we will not do it.
“Your Word is a lamp to my feet and a light unto my path” (Psalm 119:105 NKJV).
4. We are PRAYER POWERED. We believe in the power of prayer. Nothing can take the place of prayer. It must be practiced in our private lives and corporately as a church family. Everything that happens here must be saturated in prayer.
“Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you” (Matthew 7:7 NKJV).
5. We are PASTOR LED. We believe God has called our pastor to lead our church. We strive to follow the leadership of the pastor as he follows the direction of our Chief Shepherd – Jesus Christ.
“And I will give you shepherds according to My Heart, who will feed you with knowledge and understanding” (Jeremiah 3:15 NJV).
6. We are STAFF MANAGED. We believe each staff member is called by God, and under the leadership of our pastor is here to oversee the various ministries of the church. Our staff is responsible for equipping the saints to do the work of the ministry.
“Obey those who lead over you, and be submissive, for they watch out for your souls, as those who must give account” (Hebrews 13:17 NKJV)
7. We are DEACON SERVED. We believe our deacons are ministers who provide pastoral and spiritual care to the members of our church.
“For those who have served well as deacons obtain for themselves a good standing and great boldness in the faith which is in Christ Jesus” (1st Timothy 3:13 NKJV).
8. We are TEAM STRUCTURED. We believe every member has an important and unique role in the Body of Christ, called and gifted to serve God in this church. We are team structured, giving each member an opportunity to use their spiritual gifts to serve Christ by being involved in various ministries, committees, and ministry teams.
“…from whom the whole body, joined and knit together by what every joint supplies, according to the effective working by which every part does its share, causes growth of the body for the edifying of itself in love” (Ephesians 4:16 NKJV).
9. We are CONGREGATIONALLY APPROVED. Major decisions such as calling senior staff, electing officers, leaders and teachers, acquiring property, and adopting an annual budget, are congregationally approved.
“And the saying pleased the whole multitude. And they chose Stephen, a man full of faith and the Holy Spirit…” (Acts 6:5 NKJV).
WOODLAWN BAPTIST CHURCH IS FAITH BASED, CHRIST HONORING, BIBLE DRIVEN, PRAYER POWERED, PASTOR LED, STAFF MANAGED, DEACON SERVED, TEAM STRUCTURED, AND CONGREGATIONALLY APPROVED.